Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Widows July 29, 2023



Yesterday I decided to study a topic. I didn’t have one in mind, just wanted to change things up a bit. I came upon the topic of widows and then went and did a search for scriptures, conference talks, etc. I spent time throughout the day and last night reading these references. I felt the love of my Savior and Heavenly Father for me and other women who fit this category. In a somewhat weird way it felt empowering that my Heavenly Father feels me worthy enough to be in this club. In reading about widows and how their spiritual selves grow, their faith grows, their desire and reliance on Heavenly Father blessing them grows. I finally found a way I can relate to being a widow. I don’t know that I’ve ever felt closer to Him. The communication and inspiration has been almost nonstop. It’s been a lot to take in and process. I’m grateful for the guidance we have in the scriptures and from modern day prophets and apostles on how to be a widow and how to care for widows. I hadn’t really thought about all this before, but it’s pretty powerful stuff!

~April


Link to a Conference Talk that really stood out to me:

The Fatherless and the Widows



No comments:

Post a Comment