In 2020 I saw this image on Reflections of Christ Instagram page. The caption hit me rather poignantly. I’ve never forgotten it. At the time we were 1 year in to Ben’s life on dialysis and waiting for a kidney transplant. We didn’t know yet that Alen would be a perfect match. Life was hard, at times it felt hopeless and so overwhelming.
Ben was never healed in his earthly life, and he never received that much hoped for transplant, but I know he is healed now through the power of the Atonement. We both went through a lot emotionally, physically, financially over these past 4 years. I would often reflect on this image and the caption the artist put with it.
Today is 2 months since Ben’s passing. While I feel that the kids and I are doing rather well, it has still been tough and stressful. We rely on our faith in that same atoning power to get us through and keep us moving forward. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that this showed up on my doorstep today!
~April
What was posted on the original post I saw of this image:
"Last week while shooting new images, the incredible woman who portrayed ’The Woman with an issue of blood’ taught me. Our actress is, herself, is facing a rare life-threatening disease. We all know how the Bible story goes… Jesus turns because He felt power leave Him. Her faith, and His mercy, were so great that she got that answer, and the answer was healing. But when we began shooting this scene, our amazing woman lunged for His robe so hard and grabbed onto the hem so tightly that SHE RIPPED THE ROBE! #Faith - Can physical healing be denied or delayed when someone is pleading with enough passion to figuratively rip the robe? Yes. It’s hard to hear, but yes. But, what if the story had turned out differently? What if the woman in the Bible was meant to come back home to Heaven? What if Jesus felt her there and turned around and stooped down, “Sweetheart, come here.” What if then, He SAW HER, shared HIS HOPE with her, and shed tears with her? What if instead of healing her, He had said, “My daughter, it’s time to come home. It’s time to stop fighting. Your faith has made you a different kind of whole. Join me in the Kingdom.” And what if this woman, suddenly feeling eternity in the Hem of His Robe simply looked at Him and changed her plan, “Thy Will Be Done.” I, for one, would love the story just as much. It seems like the ISSUE ISN’T AS MUCH ABOUT BEING HEALED BY JESUS AS IT IS BEING ABOUT BEING SEEN BY HIM. It’s about knowing that the Master is in charge and truly knows every hair that falls from our head. He does. He knew her. He knows us. Jesus is always on time.
PS. To those currently ripping the robe, I’m still praying for the first miracle."
PS. To those currently ripping the robe, I’m still praying for the first miracle."

No comments:
Post a Comment