Monday, August 7, 2023

The Power of Prayer July 2, 2023

 




This past month has been a month I didn’t expect to have. It wasn’t in our plans nor even on our radar of something to expect. However hard and life changing this past month has been, the blessings in our lives have not stopped. I’d even argue they have been more abundant than ever. Isn’t that interesting that in our hardest hours, we can still feel our Heavenly Father’s love for us?!

At church today I shared a couple things. My testimony over these past weeks of the power of prayer has grown in somewhat unexpected ways. At times in my life, I have prayed to my Heavenly Father for comfort, peace, reassurance, and confidence, among many other things. I have felt the warmth of the Holy Spirit touching my heart and helping me feel of the real love and understanding only my Heavenly Father and Savior can have for me. We’ve had many times over the years where we know prayers have been said for our benefit. Once years ago, Ben was even placed on the First Presidency’s prayer roll. I don’t recall feeling to the same extent or in the same way the power of those prayers.
These past weeks have been a different confirmation of the power of prayer. I have felt the real tangible strength from the prayers of others for myself and my family. I know without a doubt the many prayers said on our behalf have been what is holding me up, keeping me calm, and providing me with the peace and assurance that all is well and everything is going to work out.
I am also grateful for the blessings that come from making and keeping covenants with our Heavenly Father in His holy temples. Experiences I had there confirmed to me that these blessings are real and extend for generations before and after us. When we strive to live worthy of those blessings, the effects are eternal and far greater than anything we can truly imagine.
I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who answers prayers and keeps His promises as we keep ours. I am equally grateful for a Savior who provided a way, through the Atonement to heal and bring hope.
While it has become a common thing to mock thoughts and prayers in our world, my hope is that we will always offer our genuine thoughts and prayers, it makes all the difference for those suffering.

~April

No comments:

Post a Comment