This was an unexpected surprise in the mail today. When Ben passed I was asked at the ER if he was an organ donor. I couldn’t remember what he had put on his license and we didn’t have it with us so I couldn’t look at it. I didn’t think there would be much Ben could donate because of all his health issues, but I felt that it was the right thing to do if he could. After all, he was in need of a kidney donation and someone was so kindly willing to help him. That meant so much to us. I think Ben would have liked to help someone else if he could. Later, on the day he passed I got a phone call telling me they were able to use his corneas. This letter tells us that Ben was able to help 2 people. His name will be placed on a monument in Salt Lake and we can write to the recipients if we would like. It’s pretty awesome to think he was able to help a couple people.
~April
No comments:
Post a Comment