Today at the temple I met 3 women who are friends that came from Tooele to attend the temple together. One of them had moved and they get together often to attend the temple together. They invited me to sit with them and I ended up sharing a bit of my story with them. One of the women lost her husband at 52. They were a blessing to me today and a support I wasn’t expecting.
It reminded me of the Hymn
“As Sisters in Zion”
The blessings of God on our labors we’ll seek.
We’ll build up his kingdom with earnest endeavor;
We’ll comfort the weary and strengthen the weak.
2. The errand of angels is given to women;
And this is a gift that, as sisters, we claim:
To do whatsoever is gentle and human,
To cheer and to bless in humanity’s name.
3. How vast is our purpose, how broad is our mission,
If we but fulfill it in spirit and deed.
Oh, naught but the Spirit’s divinest tuition
Can give us the wisdom to truly succeed.
I’m grateful to be a part of a community that looks out for each other and acts how they are prompted to act. I felt their genuine love and care for me, a stranger, but still a sister in Zion!
~April

No comments:
Post a Comment